Monday, July 28, 2008

1!

Today, our little miracle, Nathaniel Martin, turned 1! Wow, my eyes are filling with tears (again) as I consider what to words to type. I am so very thankful that the Lord made me a Mama, and made Brian "Dada" (a word we hear often!) - and He used Nathaniel to do it. I am absolutely crazy about this little boy. He has captured the place in my heart that was especially designed for him. I keep typing, erasing, rewording...and disturbing the wonderful man trying to fall asleep next to me. So, for now, I will just post a few pictures from the last few days. Sunday evening, we celebrated with my Mom, Brian's Aunt Judy and cousin Jamelle who live in Savannah, and our friends, the Whitemans. We had a neighborhood outdoor party planned with the neighbor kids tonight, but the rain won out, so we are hoping to do it tomorrow. Instead, we ordered pizza, the ever-popular kid-friendly birthday meal, and opened a few more gifts. Nathaniel has been blessed with a multitude of wonderful gifts...but, for the last 2 days, the balloons have been the main attraction! As you read this and looks at the pics, please pray God's blessing on Nathaniel's 2nd year. THANKS so much! (We miss you, Papa, Grandma, Uncle, Chilly, Aunt Netta, Riley, Courtney, Zoe, Max, Chase, Aunt Nini, Uncle Chris, Aunt Carol, Uncle Vic & Annalyn!)





4 comments:

Netta said...

Oh, his little boy cousins are lookin' at these pic with me. Here's their comments...

Max: "OH, Mom, he's so cute. I wanna
see more"
Chase: "Ehmo! Ehmo!" (Elmo)

We all miss you and wanna kiss that little guys!!!!

sharonie said...

wow, 1 year already...that's insane. Elmo was perfect theme for his party...Elmo is always happy and smiling...just like the pictures you post of your precious boy.

what a blessing and what a picture of God's faithfulness!

Judith and Lance said...

Happy Birthday precious little miracle boy. We are so happy you are 1 year old and love you!

Karebear said...

Congratulations on this momentous occasion! I know every day with that little guy is a miracle, and every milestone...like his first birthday...is extra special! LOVE the cake! Big smiles just like Nathaniel's!!! xoxo