Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And, he's off!

Yes, Nathaniel is walking! It finally happened on Saturday. Instead of 3 steps here or 5 steps there, he took a full stroll across the living room, twice! He still crawls to get to something quickly, but is certainly enjoying his new talent - and so are we. What a joy he is! We started MOPS today, and he had a wonderful time! When I picked him up, the worker told me what a sweet baby he is and that he was one of the only ones not to fuss at all. What a blessing; we usually here the same thing when we pick him up from the nursery. The Lord has given him such a wonderful disposition and an absolute love for people. It is awesome to see that in him already. I wonder how the Lord will use these wonderful gifts...
As a family, we are doing well. Brian's job is still enjoyable, and challenging, for him. And so is mine! :) I have to admit that I am a little envious of those of you who have mentioned (on blog, facebook or email) about your lovely fall weather...it's still in the low 90's here. However, I think our time is coming...60 degrees in December is sounding nice! (Visitors welcome!) We continue to get to know our neighbors, and are getting involved in our church. Looking forward to feeling like it's "familiar" here...that place in between "new" and "home." I'll post a few pictures before signing off. Need to do a few more things during nap time! Thanks for stopping by!


I love my family!

Air guitar with a soda bottle!


Already a Starbucks lover! (ha - it's just water!)

So sleepy after an afternoon at the mall!

Nathaniel asked for this hat (which was sitting on the counter) during lunch today (yes, by saying "hat!") and was SO happy when I obliged him!

4 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Great job w/ the vocab, Nathaniel and the walking... woo hoo... you are so cute!

Love the new udpate, Lana, sure wish he and Bella Bear could have a play date. I'm also looking forward to feeling like this is "home'

Karebear said...

Congratulations on his walking!
That's one of the best moments in mommyhood. I'm so excited for you guys...better get your running shoes on, tho. Once they get that taste of freedom, they don't wanna sit back down! LOL. You'll be chasing after him for the next couple years, nonstop! ;) Love you! xoxo

Lynne said...

What a fun stage Nathaniel is in... can you even believe your baby can walk around without you?! He is really the cutest... I love the hat picture!

KPF said...

How fun! Get your running shoes out, the chasing will begin soon. Love, Kellie