Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm back...finally!

I've tried to get this post started several times in the last few days, but to no avail. You see, like most little ones his age, Nathaniel is all about our keys, our phones, the remotes... We try to distract him with his own toys, but it really doesn't ever work. Brian found an old remote that seemed to be filling his need to push "real" buttons. UNTIL - until I brought out the laptop. He was playing nicely on his own, until he heard the keys of the computer. WOW, he came with a vengeance, hitting at the keys with glee...UNTIL - until I took it away. Wow, let me just say that the boy knows how to communicate his unhappiness! And, this has happened each time the computer has been in his presence! So, here I am now that baby boy is sleeping...So, since Judith liked the sound of "a Jesus-loving wife & Mommy living life In Savannah", I'll approach this post just that way!

Yes, I am Jesus-loving! Jesus-needing! And more and more, Jesus-trusting and Jesus knowing! If there is one thing moving as much as we have will do for you, it's to emphasize that He is all you need. "In HIM I live, and move and have my being," (Acts 17:28) which is GREAT news for me, since at any given time I'm not really sure what state I live in! Yes, I am a new resident in the Savannah area, but I am a citizen of Heaven with a King who is just a real to me here as anywhere! Thank you Jesus! For the rest of you Jesus-loving friends and family who check this blog, please join me in prayer for 2 individuals in need of miraculous healing. A lifetime friend of mine, Anthony, was in a motorcycle accident 2 and a half weeks ago. He is still under sedation in ICU as doctors deal with swelling on the brain and, now, other complications such as pneumonia and infection. There HAS been improvement, praise God. He is showing signs of awareness (gave the "thumbs up" sign when asked by a nurse yesterday) and they are just beginning to take him off of sedation. Please pray for a complete recovery mentally and neurologically (there are no broken bones, thank the Lord). Please also pray for his wife, his step-son and his extended family including my "Aunt" Gale and dear, dear friend (his sister) Angela. (Angela, on a different note gave birth to a wonderful, healthy baby boy a week ago. Benjamin and his Mommy are doing great!) I also ask you to pray for a young man named Trevor. Trevor is married to one of Brian's 2 cousins. He is 36, happily married and has 3 young kids. He is actually a pediatrician and has a healthy lifestyle. And yet...he was just diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus, stage 3. He needs a miracle. He is seeking treatment at a hospital in NY. However, is seeking God first, and we (and countless others) with him. Please join us!
As a wife & Mommy - I could go on & on (but won't, as this is already quite long!). We are enjoying being in our own home together. It is great to see Brian enjoying his job so much. It was also wonderful to celebrate his first Father's Day. As always, Nathaniel was all about "Dada!" In fact, after Brian said goodnight and left his room tonight, he kept yelling "bye-bye, Dada...bye bye, Dada!" I am thrilled to be at home with Nathaniel; we are having lots of fun crawling around the house, playing in wardrobe boxes, throwing the "ball" (which he also says) for Hershey and getting to know our new area. He is loving our book time, too. I am really hoping to find a group of Moms with other little ones that we can get to know, as I really miss our Moms group from Valpo.
About living life in Savannah... Yes, it is hot! Today was just 90 and felt cool (yes, I literally felt relief) compared to yesterday! But, I know this is the hottest time of the year, so I am looking forward to experiencing something other than HOT! It is beautiful here. SO many trees! And being so close to the beach is awesome. We actually drove to Hilton Head (which is just 30 minutes from our house) on Memorial Day. We are attending an AG church called The Fellowship, and are looking forward to making new friendships there and in our neighborhood. God has plans for us here, and we don't want to miss any of it!I'll post a few pictures and sign off for now. Thanks to those of you who took the time to read this! (And special thanks to those who have the chance to comment now and then - love hearing from you!)





2 comments:

Laura C said...

I love to hear you are doing well and loving being a mommy and living in Savannah! I wish I could drive 30 minutes and be at the beach...lucky you.

sharonie said...

wow, so many people in need...doesn't it break your heart?

I am gld though to hear you three are doing well. Your precious boy is so BIG! He is always so happy and has the best smile.

Do you have a pool in your backyard? Love that you live be the beach too...that has to be a MAJOR bonus with Brian loving his job...how are things going with the army wives?

Great to read an update from you!